Here is a quick guide on how to embed wix donation forms via Donorbox.
We also walk you through how to turn on SSL security in order to keep your donors and their information safe through the donation process.
Embedding Wix Donation Form
1. Go to your Donorbox dashboard and scroll down to find the campaign you wish to embed on your site. Click the “embed form” button.
2. Copy and paste the embed code for your form.
3. Go to your Wix site editor and find or create the page on which you wish to embed your donation form.
4. On the page editor, click the “Add” button on the left sidebar. Scroll down to “More,” then choose the green “HTML Code” button.
5. Click “Enter Code,” paste your campaign form embed code in the text box under “Add your code here,” and click “Update.”
6. When the donation form appears, expand the code box to ensure that the entire form is visible.
7. Publish your page and wait for the donations to come in!
Adding SSL to Your Wix Website
Donorbox requires that a website be SSL secure in order for you to embed a donation form onto it, in order to make sure your donors’ information is kept safe. Fortunately, Wix recently made it very easy for you to make your website SSL secure. Here’s how:
1. Go to your Wix website editor and click the “Manage Site” button located on the left-hand side.
2. Scroll down to the “Professional Options” section of the page and click on “SSL Certificate,” which should be marked as inactive by a gray dash symbol.
3. The page should now tell you that your SSL is turned off. Click the blue “Turn On SSL” button.
3. Click Continue.
4. It should now tell you that your website is SSL Secured!
5. Be sure to load your website to confirm that it is in fact SSL secure. The page should load as https and a lock icon should appear to the left-hand side of your URL.
If you prefer a video tutorial or are having a hard time embedding your Donorbox form and want a more detailed walk-through, click here.
Happy fundraising 🙂