Wix is one of the most popular website builders around. Wix is a drag-and-drop platform that seems to constantly be improving. And it’s designed for people with little to no knowledge about creating a website. Anyone with a computer and an internet connection can build their own site.
With Wix, it’s so easy to accept both one-time and recurring donations. As Wix supports SSL, you can also embed your full Donorbox donation form directly onto the Wix web page- here is a step-by-step tutorial. Your Wix donation form can be customized to fit into any web page.
With the complete donation form on your website, your donors don’t need to leave your site, which increases their sense of security, and the number of donations.
However, many nonprofits opt for the ever-popular donation button. It saves space and makes your donation page look more sleek and minimal. It can also be included in online messages that support HTML, like emails.
If you are looking to add a donate button on your Wix website, here is a step-by-step guide on how to do it:-
How to Install a Donorbox Donate Button on your Wix website in 6 Simple Steps:
Go to your Donorbox campaigns page and find the campaign you wish to embed on your WordPress site. Right-click the “Preview Campaign Page” link and select the “Copy link address” option.
Then, go to your Wix website editor. Find the page that you want to place your button on. Click the “Add” tab on the left-hand sidebar. Under “Image”, click “My Image Uploads”.
Upload the image for your donate button, then click “Add to Page”. If you don’t have one, you can download the Donorbox button image. You’ll find further instructions at the end of this blog post on how to do this.
Above your chosen donate button image, click the link button.
In the new pop-up screen, select “Web Address” and paste the URL of your secure donation page.
Click “Done” and publish your updated webpage. Your Wix Donate Button is now ready to bring in some donations!
Donate Button For Recurring Donations
When a donor clicks your donate button, they will be taken to your secure donation page, or the Donorbox donation form, like the one below. You can now easily accept recurring donations on Wix.
How to Download the Donorbox Donate Button Image from Donorbox
Go to your Donorbox dashboard and find the campaign that you want to embed. Click the icon for integration options, as shown. Select the “Donate Button” option in the list that appears.
A screen will pop up, offering options to customize the color and the size of the Donorbox donate button. Once you’re happy with it, scroll to “PNG Image Buttons”.
Right-click your Donorbox donate button image and select the “Save Image As” option to download it (preferably to your desktop for easier access).
Install Full Donation Form
You have the option of embedding the full Donorbox donation form directly on your website, instead of a Donate button. In this case, your website visitors will see the form directly. Some nonprofits opt for both the options, depending on their website design- adding the donate button wherever needed while also keeping the embedded donation form on their homepage or donation page. It can be customized to fit into any web page. Check out this tutorial for step-by-step instructions.
10 Steps to Add and Set Up the Get Funding App
- Click “Add Apps” on the left side of the editor. Type “Get Funding” in the search field and press Enter.
- Click “Add to Site” next to the Get Funding app.
- Go to the Get Funding app in the editor.
- Go to “Settings“.
- Click on “Connect Account“.
- Enter your PayPal email address.
- Click “Connect“.
- Go to Settings and set up the Get Funding app.
- Under Style, customize the style of the app.
- Under Texts, personalize and add your own text.
Tips to Encourage Your Visitors to Donate
- Tell a story: People will only give money to your nonprofit if they resonate with your cause.
- Use real images: When you are getting your nonprofit off the ground stock images are fine, but as soon as you can, start using real images.
- Use a donation thermometer: Share progress towards your goals.
- Offer a range of donation options with one marked ‘most popular’: Utilize social pressure to persuade someone to give.
- Go public: Share what other supporters are saying about you.
- Thank donors: The best way to help ensure people know their contribution is making a difference is to tell them so.
- Consistent branding: Create a seamless donor experience across all marketing channels by maintaining the same branding throughout the donation process.
- Pick one call to action: If you’re looking for donations, don’t ask people to also follow you on Instagram.
- Have a clear goal: Define a clear purpose for the funds, e.g. launching a new program or purchasing a particular piece of equipment.
- Great donation page: make your donation page stand out.