In order to make our checkout process even faster, we recently came out with our modal popup donation form. This feature makes it so that your form pops up on the same screen when someone presses your donate button, instead of redirecting your donors to a separate donation page. This guide will walk you through how to install a popup donation form on your Squarespace website:
1. Go to your Donorbox dashboard and click the “Popup Form” button to the right of the campaign you wish to embed.
2. Once you’ve selected the size and color of your donate button, copy the embed code.
3. Now, head over to your Squarespace editor. Click the “Pages” button in the left-hand sidebar.
4. Click the “+” button to create your new donation page.
5. Select the type of page you wish to create. We will be using a classic page layout.
6. Name your new page, then click the “Start Editing” button.
7. To add content to your new page, click one of the teardrop shaped buttons on the left-hand side of your page.
8. Scroll down to the “More” section of the elements list and choose the “Code” block.
9. Paste your donate button embed code into the appropriate textbox and click “Apply”.
10. Your donate button should now appear in your website editor. Click the “Save” button on the top left.
11. Your new donation page is all set! Here is an example of what your new page and button should look like:
12. When you click on your donate button, the modal popup form for your Donorbox campaign should appear on the same screen, making the checkout process even faster for your donors!