Squarespace is a popular site builder known for its beautiful design templates. It is a great choice for nonprofits looking to build a great looking site that is simple and easy to manage.
The Squarespace donations module only support one-time donation and has limited data collection capabilities.
However, every nonprofit need a robust donation platform that supports recurring donations as well as custom data collection.
For that Donorbox is the perfect solution.
Donorbox’s embeddable donation forms support donor controlled recurring donations, a variety of payment methods (card, ACH, PayPal), and has a powerful custom form builder.
Unlike PayPal, you can insert the form inside of your Squarespace page so your donor won’t have to leave your site. Follow the step-by-step instructions below to find out how you can accept recurring donations on your Squarespace website using Donorbox.
If you prefer, you can watch our integration video guide — it will walk you through the donation form integration process in just under 2 minutes!
Recurring Donation Form on a Squarespace
- Go to your Donorbox dashboard (https://donorbox.org/dashboard) and find the campaign donation form you wish to embed on your Squarespace site. Click the “Embed Form” button.
- Copy and paste the embed code for your donation form.
- Go to your Squarespace site editor, find or create the donation page onto which you want to embed the recurring donation form, and click “Edit” on the page’s main content box.
- Click on the teardrop shaped buttons present inside the text box to open up the list of content blocks.
- Scroll down and find “Code” under the “More” section.
- Paste the recurring donation form embed code in the code box and click “Apply”.
- Publish your updated Squarespace website and wait for the donations to come in! Take a look at Lalela’s website for an example of what your finalized Squarespace recurring donation page should look like:
Turn on SSL
Squarespace now automatically generates SSL certificates for Squarespace and third-party domains, to allow your visitors to view your website securely over an HTTPS connection.
Squarespace offers two different SSL security settings, be sure to activate the “Secure” setting. To do so, click the “Settings” button on your Home Menu.
Then, under “Website”, click “Security & SSL”, and choose the “Secure” setting under “Security Preference” (see image below). Remember, in order to reduce risks, Donorbox requires that a webpage be SSL secured before you can embed a donation form onto it.
Hope this tutorial was helpful to create a recurring donation form for your Squarespace nonprofit.