A Quick Introduction:
DonorBox is a leading online donation platform with a fast, optimized checkout. It also focuses on recurring donations, flexible data collection, and ease of use. Sign up for free and create campaigns for all your fundraising needs, then track your donations as you go! You can also embed the donation form or button right onto your website to give your supporters easy access.
We partnered up with Salesforce, the world’s # 1 CRM platform, to integrate their Non-Profit Success Pack (NPSP) with DonorBox. The NPSP, as its name suggests, is built specifically for non-profits, to allow you to easily analyze your donor data (names, addresses, relationships, donation frequency, etc.) and maintain positive relations with those who support you. More than 27,000 nonprofits and educational institutes are using Salesforce NPSP. To find our more about Salesforce NPSP please visit www.salesforcefoundation.org/help/nonprofitstarterpack. We recommend doing the quick Nonprofit Success Pack Workbook.
This manual was made to guide you through the simple integration process, so that you can automatically sync all your DonorBox donors with your Salesforce NPSP account, and become familiar with both platforms in no time! Take a look.
Create a DonorBox Account:
- Go to donorbox.org and click the “Sign Up For Free” button to create an account.
- We recommend you create your account using Stripe, our payment processor, but you can also create an account simply using your email address.
- Once you have created your account, you will be brought to your DonorBox dashboard.
- To create a campaign, click the “New Campaign” button on the Dashboard, enter the campaign name and details, and press “Create Form”.
- Your dashboard will be updated as donations are made to your campaigns, reflecting the total amount raised for each campaign and allowing you to see the names of your recent donors.
- You can also look at each donation made for a specific campaign by clicking on “Donors”. Keep reading to find out how to directly export your donation data to your Salesforce NPSP account!
Create a Salesforce NPSP Account:
- Go to salesforce.org/start-trial and submit the form to sign up for the “Enterprise Edition Pre-Configured for Donor Management”.
- Check your email for a confirmation email from moc.e1513291713crofs1513291713elas@1513291713tropp1513291713us1513291713 and confirm your account by setting a new password.
- Salesforce also created the Power of Us program for nonprofit organizations and higher education institutions, giving away 10 free licenses as well as discounts on additional licenses, products and/or services from Salesforce. Be sure to apply for the program at http://powerofus.salesforcefoundation.org/powerofusapply.
DonorBox Salesforce Integration:
- On your DonorBox account page (https://donorbox.org/org/edit) click on “Salesforce Integration”.
- Click on “Connect with Salesforce”. It should prompt you to login to your Salesforce account.
- Click on “Export All Donations”.
- In a few minutes your donors and campaigns should appear under the “Accounts” tab on your Salesforce interface. It’s that easy!
- DonorBox will automatically export all your new donors to Salesforce every two hours. You don’t have to do a thing!