Acceptable Usage Policy
- Donorbox is an independent donation platform that gives organizations the ability to collect funds via their digital presence. This Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) sets out the terms under which a Donorbox customer account holder may use this platform to raise funds. Once the account sign-up process has been completed, it is understood that the account holder accepts these terms and agrees to abide by them.
- We may revise and update this AUP from time to time, at our sole discretion. Any changes are effective immediately upon posting on our website, and will apply to your account and use of our services thereafter. You will be notified via email if changes may significantly affect your use of Donorbox services.
Donorbox aims to provide a donation platform where all valid sides of a conversation can be heard. We do not necessarily share the views of our users and the content they choose to share on their website/ fundraising pages. Any such content should not be construed as a reflection of Donorbox’s opinions.
Donorbox may not be used for activities related to the following:
- Any activity that violates any law or governmental regulation.
- Campaigns that are fraudulent, misleading, inaccurate, dishonest, impossible or imitating any other person or fundraising campaign without permission (whether on the Platform or not).
- Illegal drugs, narcotics, steroids, controlled substances or other products that present a risk to consumer safety or any related paraphernalia.
- Ransom, human trafficking or exploitation.
- Knives, explosives, ammunition, firearms, or other weaponry or accessories.
- Gambling, gaming and/or any other activity with an entry fee and a prize, including, but not limited to casino games, sports betting, fantasy sports, horse or greyhound racing, lottery tickets, other ventures that facilitate gambling, games of skill or chance (whether or not it is legally defined as a lottery) or sweepstakes.
- Offensive, graphic, perverse or sensitive content, including pornography or other sexual content.
- Annuities, investments, equity or lottery contracts, lay-away systems, off-shore banking or similar transactions, money service businesses (including currency exchanges, check cashing or the like), debt collection or crypto-currencies.
- Offering monetary rewards, including gift cards, without declaring fair market value (FMV) of goods exchanged.
- Transactions for the sale of items before the seller has control or possession of the item.
- Collection of payments on behalf of merchants by payment processors or otherwise.
- Credit repair or debt settlement services.
- Engaging in, encouraging, promoting, or celebrating unlawful violence or physical harm to persons or property.
- Engaging in, encouraging, promoting, or celebrating unlawful violence toward any group based on race, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other immutable characteristic.
- Using dehumanizing rhetoric to refer to another racial group, regardless of whether such characterizations are directly involved in the use of Donorbox services or not.
- If you are concerned about a user's fundraiser, please let us know.
Interpretation of Terms
Donorbox solely reserves the right to interpret the terms of this AUP and to make all final decisions on any related disputes that may arise.
Any Donorbox account suspected of contravening any clause within our Terms of Service may be subjected to a review process by an internal jury. The ruling and action decided upon will be final and not subject to further discussion. Based on the jury’s decision, possible action could include one or more of the following:
- Donorbox may issue a written warning that the offending account is under review. Proposed corrective action may also be outlined.
- Donorbox may request the account holder to remove the offending content immediately, or face account suspension or banning.
- Donorbox may suspend the offending account immediately, with the possibility of reinstating.
- Donorbox may ban the offending account immediately, with no possibility of reinstating.
If an organization or any of their contributing members have committed a bannable offence, even before using Donorbox, they may still be allowed to hold an account after a period of 3 years since the date of the incident. If deemed necessary by Donorbox, a public apology or renouncement of actions may also be required. In all such circumstances, Donorbox will solely decide the conditions under which such a customer or organization may resume using our services.
In cases where a related legal ruling has been levelled against an organization, Donorbox will defer to that legal ruling which may affect whether a fundraiser will be allowed on the Donorbox platform. Donorbox will also share data with official law enforcement agencies if legally compelled to do so by a subpoena or similar court-ordered instruction.