We are entering Phase 2 of our Ukraine Relief fundraiser.
As the war persists, so does the need for more relief.
Before we jump into giving you project plans and fundraising details for the next weeks we want to say THANK YOU!
Thank you for supporting and investing into Phase 1 of the Ukraine Response Project. Because of you we were able to accomplish the following…
- provide housing for 51 people in and through the YWAM Center
- keep our Welcome Center open every day, through this more than 500 people have received needed clothing
- worked with 30 volunteers serving Ukrainians in practical ways: cooking, organizing donations, packing boxes and driving vans. Most of these people came to serve multiple times
- sent 10 vans full of aid to the Polish-Ukrainian border
- provided 8000+ meals through the YWAM kitchen
- all of this thanks to the 80,000 € came in to fully fund the Phase 1 projects.
The shock of war in Europe has worn off, but not the cruelty of war and the need for hope for those who have been displaced due to the war and the ones still in Ukraine. We want to continue to be part of shaping the future of Ukraine - Will you help us?
Here are the goals for Phase 2
Send a weekly shipment of food, aid, and supplies directly into Ukraine as well as the border region Poland/Ukraine. We coordinate shipments of supplies directly with YWAMers in Ukraine, who then deliver the aid to the villages and people who are the most in need. YWAM Ternopil sends us shopping lists with goods they need/want. The average cost for filling and sending a shipment of food and supplies is 2,750€ per trip (11 x 2,750€ = 30,250€).
Continue running the Welcome Center: We plan to keep the Welcome Center open for as long as the need exists and are running afternoon activities for women and children 3-5 times a week. The Welcome Center costs 825€ per week to operate (12 weeks x 825€ = 9,900€)
Continue offering accommodation for those who need it. The government has begun giving Ukrainian refugees financial support directly. As of June 1 we no longer offer completely free housing and food like in Phase 1, but are giving people a reasonable rate in proportion to the amount they receive in aid from the government. To fully cover the rent/utilities costs and 1 warm meal each day, 190€ more is needed per person per month. (25 people x 3 months x 190€ = 14,250€)
FOR CONTINUED UPDATES FOLLOW YWAM NUREMBERG ON INSTAGRAM
1st Abigail Jacobs 1,788.78 € raised 14 donations
2nd Faith Wong 139.61 € raised 2 donations
You can also help us to achieve our goals!I want to fundraise for this