Want to join us in making a difference? Redeemer Church is raising money to renovate housing for the use of transitional housing for refugees, and any donation will help make an impact. Thanks in advance for your contribution to this cause.
Fremont, CA, has been a city with one of the highest concentrations of Afghans in the US outside of Afghanistan. In the past Fremont has been a refuge city for those who have had to flee their home country. And now, the most recent crisis in Afghanistan has made Fremont again a destination for current refugees.
The renovation project presented in this fundraiser is a part of a greater mission already operating in the Fremont/Tri-cities area to help provide a smooth transition for those who might be relocating to the Fremont area. This house (which is property of Redeemer Church), located in Union City (part of the Tri-Cities), will serve as temporary, transitional housing for those who need a place to land while they find housing and employment. In the future, this housing would not just be limited to Afghans but would also be for others who may need help transitioning to the Bay Area.
All funds donated will go directly to making the structure habitable and in compliance with current Building Codes and standards. Approximate amounts include:
- $35,000 - General conditions, demolition, framing, drywall, finishing, painting (provided by Redeemer Church)
- $10,000 - Permitting & Design Costs (services donated by Restore22 Church)
- $20,000 - Electrical Systems and Power Panel Replacement
- $15,000 - Mechanical & Plumbing
- $15,000 - Kitchen & Appliances
- $5,000 - Bathroom, tile, fixtures
- $5,000 - Exterior 3-part Stucco
- $10,000 - Materials, Finishes & Fixtures (flooring, tile, countertop, lighting, switches)
- $12,000 - Roof Replacement (includes fascia, waterproofing, and gutters)
Note: There is a discrepancy between the amounts itemized above and the total amount being raised due to the fact that some of the money/services have already been donated towards the project. The remaining amount needed is the amount given in the fundraiser.
Cash and check donations can also be given directly to Redeemer Church in Fremont and designated to the "Refugee Housing Renovation." Once the monies have been received, the amount will be added to the campaign and the monies raised.
Any questions regarding the project or campaign can be sent to [email protected]. We will be happy to answer anything we can.
All donations are 501(c) tax-deductible.
Thank you so much for your consideration and generosity.