Since implementing Donorbox as part of our toolkit, the number of monthly, recurring donors to Truthout has more than doubled currently, sustaining donations like these account for more than 20 percent of our annual budget.Anna Sutton Truthout
Raise more donations with Donorbox
Whether you're just starting out or ready to grow your nonprofit's fundraising, we've got it covered.Get started for free
1.5% platform fee
Additional Payment Processing Fees Below
- Stripe's credit card fee
- 2.9% + 30¢
- ACH bank payments
- 0,8% + (capped at $5)
- PayPal's nonprofit rate
- 2.2% + 30¢
Stripe and PayPal both love nonprofits. They offer discounted credit card processing fees for registered nonprofits. Please email [email protected] and apply at PayPal's Nonprofit Center.
Optional Integration Fees
- Employer Gift Matching
- Salesforce NPSP
Substantially reduce fees by asking your donors to cover them
|Donations raised||Donorbox fees||Stripe/PayPal processing fees (approx)|
Donorbox Standard Features
- Make Donorbox your own
- Our forms are customizable to suit any website, thanks to our form-builder (with some custom CSS, if you’re feeling brave).
- Wide range of recurring donations available
- Donors have the choice of making weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual donations - perfect for securing regular funding that suits your donors.
- Ask donors to cover fees
- You can ask donors to cover their processing fees in their donation. A great budget-saving feature.
- Support for next-gen payment options
- Donors can donate using debit cards, credit cards, Google Pay, Apple Pay, PayPal and low-fee ACH and SEPA bank transfers.
- Intelligent integrations
- We offer integrations with Mailchimp, Salesforce, and Zapier (along with Donorbox API access) to level up your fundraising game.
- Zero setup fees & migration fees
- Yep, no setup costs OR migration costs. And our 1.5% platform fee makes it easy to get started. Start fundraising in 15 minutes!
|CauseVox||2 - 4,5%|
|Funraise||3% + $349/mo|
How is Donorbox different from Stripe or PayPal?
While Stripe and PayPal are excellent payment processors that allow you to accept online transactions, they don't offer a specialized form to collect donations or store donor data. They also don't provide a good facility to manage recurring donations.
For more Donorbox features that are donation-specific and not offered by PayPal or Stripe, see our help article.
How do I pay the Donorbox platform fee?
Like Stripe and PayPal with their payment processing fees, Donorbox deducts our platform fee directly from your donations. From each donation transaction, we automatically deduct the processing fee for Stripe and/or PayPal as well as our 1.5% platform fee. This means you won't need to worry about paying any invoices or settling your billing retroactively.
This means you won’t need to worry about paying any invoices or settling your billing retroactively. See our help article for more details.
How do I receive a nonprofit discount from Stripe and PayPal?
Both Stripe and PayPal offer a discounted payment processing rate for registered 501(c)(3) nonprofits.
To apply with PayPal, visit their nonprofit center.
To apply with Stripe, email [email protected] with the information found here.
What's included if a donor chooses to cover the processing fee in their donation?
If you offer this cover fee option on your donation form, your donor may choose to include the donation processing fee as part of their donation. This fee includes both the payment processing fee from Stripe/PayPal and the Donorbox platform fee of 1.5%.
See our help article for more details.
Are there different fees for ACH bank payments?
Our Donorbox platform fee of 1.5% is capped at $25 for ACH bank payments. That means for an ACH donation that exceeds $1,667, the maximum platform fee we will charge for that donation is $25.
Since this is our platform fee, this is on top of Stripe's payment processing fee of 0.8% (capped at $5) for ACH bank donations.