The Critical Ecology Lab is a nonprofit, independent research organization focused on developing the discipline of critical ecological research. Our research projects investigate the ways that social, imperial, and racial forces are important factors shaping global environmental change.
We are taking an alternative path to the traditional university research team. We are working independently, without support from any university or parent organization. Here is what your seed support will help with:
- Research stipends for undergraduate and Masters student collaborators
- Website management and domain hosting
- Conference and symposia registration fees
- Chemical analysis of environmental samples
- Sampling materials for environmental field studies
- Open source journal publishing fees
- Fiscal sponsorship fees paid to our 501(c)3 sponsor
- Supplement management costs for Critical Ecology Lab online media
- Research-related travel to frontline communities, ecological research sites, and conferences to promote the emerging study of critical ecology
We are incredibly grateful for early backers of the Critical Ecology Lab and our shared values and vision for the future of ecological research.
** If you wish to receive a thank you note and stickers in the mail, please provide a mailing address. We will not use your mailing address for any unsolicited purposes.