Together-Razem is a charity registered in Ireland No 20075125 & CHY Revenue 19216.
Since 2006 we have been providing various support services to the Polish and Eastern European migrant communities in Ireland.
Together-Razem has many links with the government and non-government organizations in Poland and offers its support to the Ukrainian community in Ireland.
In such disturbing times, after consulting with the representatives of the Ukrainian Community in Ireland, we are urgently raising funds for a very particular purpose - for the purchase of medical supplies, such as: basic first aid kits, dressings, bandages, tourniquets, blood stoppers, and painkillers.
We have raised €8442 so far for purchase of medical supplies and our representative is flying to Poland on the 17th March to finalize the purchase process with Polish authorities and to deliver items to the Ukraine.
At Together-Razem we decided to finish this fundraiser on the 12th March as we have switched our focus on woman and children who will arrive to Ireland.
There would be minimum 80 000 refuges and there would be an URGENT need to help them here in Ireland.
Furthermore, after 12th March as are currently not funded by the government and relying only on our reservs we will start raising funds to support Ukrainian families here in Ireland and deliver essential services as identified needs i.e:
- the provision of counselling in Ukrainian/Russian language to those suffering from stress of war trauma.
- funds for emergency purposes for those families ( basic need items when they arrive)
- cover the costs of our volunteers ( travel expenses, phone calls, stationery)
- expanding our capacity and services
Our current offer aimed at Ukrainians is covered by our own financial reserves:
1. Providing reliable, up-to-date information on the regulations for refugees after crossing the border – it is important for those Ukrainian families living in Ireland who can pass this information on to their relatives fleeing Ukraine.
2. Connecting refugees with the non-governmental organizations in Poland that offer shelter and immediate help – many people who cross the Polish border don’t speak Polish or English and are confused, we can help them contact their loved ones who live here in Ireland.
3. Enabling the Ukrainian community in Cork to have a safe gathering spot at the Together-Razem headquarters – tea, conversation, information in a safe space together with a Ukrainian-speaking volunteer.
4. Basic translation services - the Ukrainian speaking volunteer is available to assist with documentation.
UPDATE 5th March 2022
More than 1.5 million refugees from Ukraine have crossed into neighboring countries in 10 days — the fastest growing refugee crisis in Europe since World War II.
Foreign Affairs Minister Simon Coveney said that Irish people could be asked to open up their homes to Ukrainian refugees. However, no such scheme or appeal has been set up yet.
At Together-Razem we will finalize this fundraiser on the 12th March and as we decided to focus on woman and children who will arrive.
There would be minimum 20 000 refuges and there would be an URGENT need to help them here in Ireland.
Since the beginning of the Russian invasion on Ukraine we have been working with the Ukrainian community in Ireland, and with other government and non-government bodies trying to establish a robust long-term plan for the future in order to provide a comprehensive culturally sensitive support package for the Ukrainians to support their integration in Ireland.
We are already working with Ukrainian volunteers coordinating the community in preparation for the arrival of people fleeing the warzone.
UPDATE 28th February
Please read the story of Oksana and Ala and children. They were fleeing from Ukraine through the Ukraine-Polish border. Lonely, hungry and without safe shelter. Together-Razem assisted them over the border in connecting them with a reliable organisation in Poland and and they are now safe and happy.
More information can be found on our website: www.together-razem.org
on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/together.razem
or Twitter: https://twitter.com/TogetherRazem
Together-Razem is a registered charity in Ireland No 20075125