What you can do!
Did you know that POP provides a free local exercise program for people with Parkinson's? This High Energy Amplified Training program supports the short and long term benefits exercising has in slowing the progression of Parkinson's Disease. Now it's your turn! Create the HEAT by getting your heart rate up in support of those with Parkinson’s Disease!
1 Minute Push-Ups
- Set a timer for one minute
- Count how many you can do during this time
- Donate the amount of (translated to dollars) to POP!
- If you want, post pics and videos online and tag @PowerOverPD to spread the word!
11 Minute Walk/Run
- Set a timer for 11 minutes (why 11 minutes? 4/11 is World Parkinson’s Day!)
- Walk/Run for 11 minutes
- Donate $1 for every tenth of a mile that you complete (Ex.: .7 miles = $7 donation, 1.2 miles = $12 donation)