Suicide is a serious issue.
My name is Richard Lima, and I recently lost a family member to suicide. Though a heavy time for my family, I realize our loss can be chance to help others. Action must be taken. That’s why, in honor of the victims of suicide, I am going to ride my bicycle across the country to raise money and awareness for suicide prevention. Starting in Moorseville, NC and ending on the west coast (TBD), I will make my way from city-to-city and state-to-state, stopping at local NAMI affiliates, connecting with organizations, building a following, and motivating others to get involve. This ride will be a challenge, but it can't compare to the anguish endured by those confronting a mental health crisis.
Never Ride Alone is about reaching as many people as possible while letting them know that they are never alone. This is one of the most important things we can do for those experiencing suicidal ideation. We can be the difference in saving a life. In remembrance of those that we have lost and to reach those currently suffering, please learn more about how you can get involved below. Although I will be alone for large portions of my trip, others supporting my cause lets me know I am Never Riding Alone.
Here are 7 ways that you can get involved:
1) LEARN: Educate yourself about mental health and suicide awareness Here are some links to get you started:
2) REACH OUT: If you are suffering from a mental health crisis, please reach out for help. If you know any family members, friends, coworkers, or anybody else suffering from a mental health crisis, let them know that you are there for them and there is help. Below are some resources you can share:
NAMI Helpline: 800-950-NAMI (6264)
Crisis Text Line: Text NAMI to 741741
3) SHARE and FOLLOW: Share this donation page or any of our other social media accounts linked to the campaign. I will be posting daily updates on my instagram and facebook pages, which you can find here:
4) DONATE: All donations through this page will support my local NAMI in Albuquerque, NM which offers peer-to-peer support groups, advocacy, and resources for individuals and families dealing with mental health issues. I encourage you to donate to my cause or donate to your local organizations.
5) RIDE: You can commit to riding! Pledge as many miles as you are willing to do in the name of suicide awareness and mental health. This can be done on any terrain, on a stationary bike, or virtually! THEN, post your miles with the hashtag #neverridealone
6) Fundraise: Start your own fundraiser to support suicide awareness and prevention! Below is a link to start your own fundraising page on my behalf. Your page will be linked to my event and all funds will be donated to Nami-Albuquerque. If you want to support your local organizations, we encourage you to start your own event! We are happy to discuss partnering.
7) Sponor: There are several different opportunities to sponsor my ride, including: giveaways, supplies, resources, and outreac. Please reach out below if you are interested in being a sponsor!
These fundraisers are making a difference
Show your support and fundraise today to achieve our goals !I want to fundraise for this