LUNA CAPRI FOUNDATION has been created on the Gold Coast, Australia in honour of our amazing little girl Luna Capri, who after being tragically taken from the world at the tender age of three, has inspired countless children and parents to LIVE LIKE LUNA all over the world. Luna’s wellbeing movement is all about educating children and families on the importance of self-identity and self- awareness while empowering the next generation of families to RISE UP. Through the development of cutting-edge education and grief/loss/trauma frameworks, apparel, affirmations range and community initiatives, LUNA CAPRI FOUNDATION are launching a generational shift.
Let us come together to help children and families to RISE UP!
- To promote empowerment, build confidence and encourage emotional wellness and resilience for young people
- To provide families, carers and education facilities the resources to support children in building their confidence and feeling empowered.
- Encourage and support young people to understand Grief, Loss and Trauma and learn skills and strategies to live through this and express their emotions.
- To support, encourage and connect families and young people through innovative means such as daily positive affirmations, resources and educational programs.
- To create a community of support for families living through the Grief, Loss and Trauma cycle following the loss of a child.
- Work with hospital and administrative staff to coordinate appropriate ‘Celebration of Life’ packages for children in the ICU and effect policy changes within this space.
- Sprinkle Luna's magic throughout the community by spreading positive affirmations, building community spirit and encouraging reading at home, school and in community.
POSITIVE EMPOWERMENT FRAMEWORK
I am Kind, I am Confident, I am Brave, I am Smart, I am Strong, I am Loved! This Mantra, now synonymous with Luna, was practiced every day in our household and still is. It forms the basis of LCFs Educational goals and seeks to encourage our minis to be the best versions of themselves, to live unapologetically and without hesitation. This will be supported through an 8-week positive empowerment program that will encourage these traits & attributes through a story book and creative teaching resources. LCF aims to provide children with the skills and resources to build their emotional wellbeing, confidence, and self-love, through education, affirmations, and the support of safe adults.
GRIEF, LOSS & TRAUMA FRAMEWORK
The Luna Capri Foundation seeks to empower families to know their rights and aims to support those going through the Grief, Loss and Trauma of losing a child suddenly. We hope to effect a change in policy for those who need time out from work, access to support services and support to navigate the world after losing a child. LCF will work to design a revolutionary new framework that supports families living through GLT. LCF is in the midst of creating a trauma program to assist children navigating grief and loss within their lives, this program is being created by specialists in the field of GLT and specialised educators to ensure that the program will support children in understanding what Grief, Loss and Trauma is, exploring their emotions in a safe way, learning age-appropriate coping mechanisms and building their resilience.
100% of donations to the Luna Capri Foundation will go towards helping us reach our foundation goals!