I Am A Queen
I Am A Queen's Mission Statement
To empower girls with a crown of confidence by providing transformational mentoring programs that develop them into future leaders and community service pioneers.
Who Are We:
I Am A Queen is a youth-focused mentoring nonprofit dedicated to ensuring that young women can reach their goals for higher education and leadership. Young women are selected annual to commit to the program and must demonstrate a high need and a high level of motivation to achieve what no one in their family has accomplished.
The program is intentional about building a girl’s self-esteem, helping them to overcome obstacles, teaching them how to serve their community through various initiatives and preparing them for college.
I Am A Queen’s Focus Areas:
Queens Empower, Queens Educate and Queens Engage
I Am A Queen's Programs and Events
- Passport to Womanhood Mentoring Program
- I Am A Queen's Teen Empowerment Conference
- Annual Back to School Drive
- What's Happening to Our Black Girls? A Project No More SHAME Initiative
- Ultimate Christmas Adoption Program