Educate, Elevate and Invest
Adapting to the changes of a post-pandemic world has been quite the feat for most of us. This transition has been particularly hard on the marginalized communities who find themselves engulfed by poverty. In such households where it is a constant struggle to make ends meet, children’s education is often seen as an added expense forcing them to drop out of school and work to contribute monetarily. We at Humane Warriors strive to work towards providing these children with a fair chance at receiving the education they deserve.
We stand by the motion - Educate, Elevate and Invest; with an aim of empowering these gifted young minds. By raising $25,000, we will be able to bring the gift of education to 5,000 children this year. We will expand our education initiative with our partners, contributing to the common goal of supporting the education of children from marginalized communities. Our work which began in 2020, spans the following programs:
1. Bhaiya-Didi Program: The objective is to be a constant source of support and guidance to a child in all aspects except for tutoring them on their coursework. By working closely with them via weekly calls, the mentor is able to understand the needs and pain points of the child so that they can then be helped.
2. Scholarship Program: This program is targeted mainly towards high school children, keeping in mind that 9th and 10th grade is pivotal for students in India. This scholarship program complements our Bhaiya-Didi program to ensure that students can complete their studies without fear of having to drop out.
3. Tech for Schools Program: Incentivizing learning at schools and skill training opportunities through computers and similar such technological advancements is another route to encourage more children to join the program. We are currently building several computer labs in schools across India and have partnered with Labdoo for the provision of laptops. https://www.labdoo.org/en/
4. Phone Based Education Program: Many families and children are unable to participate in distance education because of lack of digital devices at homes. Together with SwaTaleem Foundation, we are ensuring learning through feature (2G) phone by using pre-recorded voice messages (Interactive Voice Response System or IVRS). These IVRS audio files can be played through speakerphones, thereby empowering girls with subject specific skills in science and languages and also socio-emotional and decision making skills. https://www.swataleem.org/
5. School Program for Children of Trans-Community:
This school program in association with the NGO Moitri Sanjog, is aimed at children belonging to the trans-community, a niche section who tend to get neglected. They run a day-care facility and rely on donations that would provide for the daily amenities and necessities. https://www.moitrisanjog.in/
Your contribution might just be the miracle a child has been waiting for!
We believe in utmost transparency, so after you have donated, we will send you a report on how your donations are used. Please see below our transparency reports from previous projects
All Your Donations can be filed for tax-exemption in Europe as Humane Warriors is a registered charity (CHE.274498266) founded in Zurich, Switzerland.
Am Wasse 4,
Find more information on our projects,