Friends of Dana Schallheim
Greetings! My name is Dana Schallheim, and I am running for AACPS Board of Education, representing District 5. As a parent in the AACPS community, I want the best foundation possible for our children so that they can choose any path they wish after graduation. I believe ALL AACPS students deserve equal access to technology, resources, and programs.
I bring a lifetime of volunteer and advocacy work, an MBA, and the dedication and persistence to advocate for all our children.
If successful I will:
* Fight for higher teacher pay and smaller class size;
* Champion measures to ensure full PUBLIC school funding;
* Advocate for the expansion of special needs programs and programs that help at-risk youth;
* Pledge to reevaluate school start times and align them according to known data; and,
* Pursue increased sensitivity towards our religious and cultural minorities.
"Nothing good comes easily. Sometimes you've got to fight!" – 311, Amber