Bridge The Gap (Direct Appeal)
What is Bridge the Gap?
Bridge the Gap is a fundraising campaign to solicit money directly from Peck Slip families to fund educational programming, professional development and personnel NOT covered by the school's Department of Education (DOE) funding.
How much do we need?
This year's gap is approximately $350,000. A Bridge the Gap donation is the most direct way to donate to our PTA, with the lowest transaction costs!
What exactly is covered with the funds raised?
This year in particular, the lion's share goes to professional development for teachers and tools to facilitate remote and hybrid learning! But PTA funds also pay for school aides, classroom set-up supplies, the music program (instruction and instruments), storytelling, coding, Dreambox and other learning apps, remote field trips, and so much more!
How much should I donate?
The full Bridge the Gap amount per child is $750 this year but please give what you can afford--every donation helps and we are hoping to achieve a 100% participation rate.
How can I donate?
- Go to https://donorbox.org/bridge-the-gap-2 to submit your donation online. You can pay at once or on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Send a check made out to the Peck Slip PTA in an envelope in your student's backpack labeled "Bridge the Gap.”
- Mail a check to the Peck Slip PTA, Attention: Bridge the Gap, to 1 Peck Slip, New York, NY 10038.
- Email us at [email protected] to coordinate an alternative method of delivering the check.
How can I make my donation go twice as far?
Many employers match donations made to non-profit organizations! Each donor should check with their benefits department to see if their employer matches donations to non-profits. If both parents work for an employer that matches, the donation matching request can be submitted to each employer.
Information that may be needed for matching gifts:
- Non-profit Organization Name: Peck Slip School Parent Teachers Association Inc
- Address: 1 Peck Slip, New York, NY 10038, Attention: Bridge the Gap
- Tax ID/EIN: 61-1694546
- Program (if applicable): Bridge the Gap
- Dedication (if field is available): Child's name
If you would like help determining if your or your spouse's employer matches, please email us at [email protected].
Are donations tax deductible?
Yes! The Peck Slip PTA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Who can donate?
The PTA can accept a donation from *anyone* who wants to make one! Has your home been overrun by toys and you want to re-direct the grandparents? Tell them about Bridge the Gap!
I have more questions!
For additional information, please email [email protected] or reach out to Elisa Vega or Deborah Posternak Assayag via the individual contact info listed in the school directory.