Bridge The Gap (Direct Appeal)
What is Bridge the Gap?
Bridge the Gap is a fundraising campaign to solicit money directly from Peck Slip families to fund educational programming, professional development and personnel NOT covered by the school's Department of Education (DOE) funding.
How much do we need?
This year's gap is $445,905. All PTA fundraising activities go towards this gap but a Bridge the Gap donation is the most direct way to donate, with the lowest transaction costs.
What exactly is covered with the funds raised?
These funds pay for recess supervisors, school aides, classroom supplies, the music program (instruction and instruments), storytelling, coding, Dreambox, professional development for teachers, library services, workshops and so much more!
How much should I donate?
The requested contribution is $1200 per child. You may donate more or less--please give what you can afford. Every donation helps and we are hoping to achieve a 100% participation rate.
How can I donate?
- Go to https://donorbox.org/bridge-the-gap-2 to submit your donation online. You can pay at once or on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Send a check made out to the Peck Slip PTA in an envelope in your student's backpack labeled "Bridge the Gap.”
- Drop a check in the Bridge the Gap mailbox in the PTA Office.
- Drop off a check with Elizabeth Voynov or Elisa Vega, the Bridge the Gap chairpersons. Email us at [email protected] to coordinate.
- Mail a check to the Peck Slip PTA, Attention: Bridge the Gap, to 1 Peck Slip, New York, NY 10038.
How can I make my donation go twice as far?
Many employers match donations made to non-profit organizations! Each donor should check with their benefits department to see if their employer matches donations to non-profits. If both parents work for an employer that matches, the donation matching request can be submitted to each employer.
Information that may be needed for matching gifts:
- Non-profit Organization Name: Peck Slip School Parent Teachers Association Inc
- Address: 1 Peck Slip, New York, NY 10038, Attention: Bridge the Gap
- Tax ID/EIN: 61-1694546
- Program (if applicable): Bridge the Gap
- Dedication (if field is available): Child's name
If you would like help determining if your or your spouse's employer matches, please email us at [email protected].
Are donations tax deductible?
Yes! The Peck Slip PTA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Who can donate?
The PTA can accept a donation from *anyone* who wants to make one! Has your home been overrun by toys and you want to re-direct the grandparents? Tell them about Bridge the Gap!
I have more questions!
For additional information, please email [email protected] or reach out to Elisa Vega or Elizabeth Voynov via the individual contact info listed in the school directory.