BAFTA LA: Access for All
At BAFTA LA, we believe everyone has a story to tell.
You can help us give more people the opportunity to share it, starting right here in the local Los Angeles community.
The way you view the world is shaped by the stories you see in film, games and television. But although creative talent is everywhere, opportunity is not. With so many barriers to success, very few people have the chance to realize their potential and share their stories.
This year, our world has changed. But now more than ever, we are committed to delivering our Access for All initiative.
So far, in 2020, our Access for All commitments include:
- Creating a Community Hardship Fund to support local underserved students
- Disbursing at least $70k in scholarships and financial aid.
- Delivering weekly online mentorship and networking for career starters.
- Professional virtual seminars and discussions.
- Expanding our LA Newcomers Program to NYC.
- Hosting our biggest emerging talent initiative: the BAFTA GSA Student Film Awards
“In my neighborhood, there’s not a lot of people who look like me that grow up to be successful. Many young women end up pregnant and forget about school, and many young men end up incarcerated.
BAFTA Access for All programs inspire students like me to believe that we are capable of breaking statistics and stereotypes. I am extremely grateful to have found these programs. It helped me grow into the strong and courageous individual that I am today.”
(Rosalinda, BAFTA Scholar & Former High School Mentoring Program Participant)
The creative community is built on collaboration: Your support can help our Access for All programs thrive. Thank you.