Want to make a difference in the lives of horses and the horse community?
The American Horse Council Foundation (AHCF) seeks to encourage the support of worthwhile charitable, scientific and educational projects of interest and benefit to the American horse industry.
The AHCF mission is:
• to promote a healthful and enjoyable environment, social welfare level, and opportunities for those in the horse industry;
• to educate the public about the horse, horse care and the horse industry;
• to promote education through grants to individuals, programs, institutions, and organizations by the encouragement of research through these grants.
The AHCF presently has three major initiatives that work under its auspices: the National Economic Impact Study of the US Horse industry, the United Horse Coalition, and the Equine Welfare Data Collective. Read all about those below:
AHC'S ECONOMIC IMPACT STUDY
The reasons for conducting an economic impact study are many:
- Major economic changes have occurred. Not only have business closures and resulting federal stimulus programs related to the pandemic had a major impact, but the equine industry has adapted to historic changes made to the tax code since 2017.
- Creates awareness of and an interest in the equine industry
- Helps provide positive relationships, including congressional and media relations
- Identifies local partners and supporters and offers an opportunity to recognize those relationships
- Identifies the industry as a player in the local, state & national economy
- Allows the industry to advertise itself by first identifying its contributions.
As AHC and the AHC Foundation (AHCF) are not government subsidized, nor does AHC or AHCF receive any funding through check-off programs like some livestock groups, AHC relies on contributions, sponsorships, and advertising to fund the study.
For more information click here: https://www.horsecouncil.org/economic-impact-study/
UNITED HORSE COALITION
The United Horse Coalition is a broad alliance of equine organizations that have joined together under the American Horse Council to educate the horse industry about the issues facing horses At-Risk, or in transition. We seek to provide information for existing and prospective owners, breeders, sellers, and horse organizations regarding the long-term responsibilities of owning and caring for horses, as well as focusing on the opportunities available for these horses.
The UHC is also home to the UHC Equine Resource Database, a national online searchable database of assistance, support, and safety net programs such as hay and feed assistance, castration assistance, veterinary assistance, microchipping, euthanasia and disposal assistance, behavior and training, transportation, direct placement options, Law Enforcement assistance, disaster assistance, large animal technical rescue, grant funding opportunities, and other vital programs available to assist at-risk horses and their owners. This database also includes a list of over 900 Rescues and Sanctuaries operating nationwide to help owners in their time of need.
For more information click here: https://www.unitedhorsecoalition.org/
EQUINE WELFARE DATA COLLECTIVE
Thank you for your generous donation to the Equine Welfare Data Collective. The EWDC is a donor-driven program working diligently to collect and share data on at-risk equines and owners in need. This data is critical to identifying the needs of at-risk equines and the successful programs available to support them. Your financial contribution is critical to our continued ability to carry out our mission. On behalf of equines and their owners everywhere, thank you!
For more information click here: https://www.unitedhorsecoalition.org/ewdc/