The month of November officially marks Colorwave's second birthday 🎉
As we officially celebrate our second anniversary this Fall, we are feeling inspired by our progress in building a thriving ecosystem of traditionally underrepresented professionals and world-class investors and startups committed to broadening access to opportunities in tech. We are also energized to continue growing and nurturing our programming as we seek to help close the opportunity and racial wealth gaps for the talented professionals we serve.
2022 has represented another phenomenal year of growth for Colorwave. Some highlights include:
- Doubling the size of our fellow community to over 300 alumni
- Expanding our geographic reach with fellows representing 40 different countries and in 5 different countries
- More than 100 fellows and counting who have transitioned into roles across the innovation economy
- Helping to close the racial wealth gap by increasing fellows' total compensation by more than $1.6M in 2021, with an average increase of $52K for those transitioning.
- 92% quality score from fellow participants, 100% recommend the program
We firmly believe that the work we are doing is not only changing our fellows' personal and professional journeys, but will have a reverberating impact within America's innovation economy for years to come.
Despite our outsized impact, we continue to offer our programming and support to professionals at no cost, understanding there are enough barriers they face to transitioning and thriving within the innovation economy. It costs Colorwave roughly $2,600 per fellow to provide a world-class, life-altering, eight-week fellowship experience. Here's how those costs are distributed:
- Coordination of weekly speaker leaders: $1,000
- Connecting fellows to industry professionals and employers: $800
- Cross-networking & fellowship amongst community: $400
- Career coaching and negotiation support: $250
- Resume/LinkedIn review: $150
We are unable to do this meaningful work without the support of industry sponsors and individual donors like yourself. As you consider causes to support this Fall, we ask that you make a contribution to help us sustain and grow our programming!
Colorwave is helping build the future of the innovation economy. Please join us in building the future of tech that includes ALL communities.
Additional Donation Details
Employer Matching Option
If you'd like for your employer to match your donation, please follow the instructions within the form or reach out John Roussel @ [email protected].
Large Donation Guidance
If your donation is $5,000 or more, you can also mail a check using the address below.
Payee Name: The Colorwave Project, Inc.
2400 C Bancroft Way
Berkeley, CA 94704
Overall Campaign Matching
Lastly, if you or someone you know may be interested in matching the donations made to this campaign, please reach out directly to John Roussel.
We know there are numerous causes to give to during this time and thank you for your consideration and partnership in making the innovation economy more equitable and inclusive!
These fundraisers are making a difference
Show your support and fundraise today to achieve our goals !I want to fundraise for this