As a resident of Person County, you belong to a community that prides itself on having strong traditional, charter and home schools. Keeping them strong keeps our entire community strong. We are asking you to play a role in the success of our educational community and our children by making a tax-deductible contribution to the Person County Education Foundation’s 2021 Giving Campaign!
For the past 30+ years, the Person County Education Foundation (PCEF), a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization has been dedicated to developing additional sources of revenue to support and enrich the educational experiences of our Person County students. Our support activities over these many years have included grants to faculty and staff for the enrichment of student programs and scholarships to graduating seniors. PCEF uses tax-deductible gifts to provide funds for educational opportunities above and beyond the normal operating budget; for example, just since 2016, PCEF has funded almost $32,000 in Teacher mini-grant requests.
Since chartered in 1988, PCEF has awarded almost $250,000 in scholarships to Person County graduating seniors pursuing higher education at four-year colleges and universities or two-year community colleges. Thanks to our past supporters, we are proud of our history and would like to share with you a few Foundation Fast Facts for 2020:
- Four (4) new scholarships were awarded for the first time in 2020 to 6 Person County graduates who today attend NC State, East Carolina(2), App State, Winston-Salem State and Meredith College.
- A record $67,000 in scholarships was awarded to 23 Person County graduates; 18 were 2020 graduates and 5 were previous years' graduates who qualified for their renewable scholarships.
- Teacher mini-grant and project funding of almost $7,000 supplemented instruction in 83 Person County classrooms.
In order to continue our success, we need you to walk along with us!
Your financial contributions, which we so appreciate, make it possible for PCEF to continue providing quality enrichment experiences to students in Person County. Remember, because PCEF is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, all donations are tax deductible. The 2021 Giving Campaign focuses on raising funds needed to enhance educational resources and experiences for Person County students and teachers, scholarships for Person County graduates and ONLY Person County. While we cherish and accept contributions throughout the year, our 2021 Giving Campaign officially runs until March 31, so as to help us better plan our disbursements.
Work To Do in 2021:
- Establish more scholarship opportunities. PCEF was unable to provide any scholarship support to 41 Person County graduating seniors who submitted applications.
- Provide more grants and funding for Person County Schools and Educators. Each year, mini-grant and project requests to PCEF by Person County faculty and staff far exceeds our funding
Strong communities grow from strong schools – YOUR participation is vital to the continued success of our schools, our teachers and students. Your 2021 Giving Campaign investment benefits not only our students and teachers, but our community. An Investment in Education lasts a Lifetime!
Thank you for your continued support of the Person County Education Foundation.
Amanda Foushee Morrow