Young Ambassadors Council (YAC)
The Young Ambassadors Council (YAC), launched in 2013, is a network of young professionals dedicated to TFTGC’s mission. YAC members are engaged in addressing issues of critical importance to TFTGC, as well as contributing to the growth and development of the organization. The YAC supports TFTGC through fundraising, awareness, and volunteer efforts to diversify the organization’s reach to the local community and its young people.
- Build awareness of TFTGC’s mission
YAC members are community ambassadors that promote TFTGC and its programs to individuals, businesses, and organizations that may be interested in supporting TFTGC.
- Secure philanthropic support
YAC members support TFTGC financially to ensure the organization’s growth and sustainability.
- Provide volunteer support
YAC members support TFTGC by volunteering their time to support programs.
- Recruit fellow young professionals
YAC members help recruit fellow young professionals to serve as supporters, volunteers, and YAC members.
- Be a young professional living in Greater Charleston (between the age 21 to 45)
- Contribute annual membership fee of $150 (tax deductible)
- Volunteer for a minimum of one Outreach event, serve on the board or an event committee
- Attend quarterly YAC Socials (informal meetings to address TFTGC needs)
- Commit to an individual annual fundraising goal – GIVE or GET $500 – may be secured through:
- Individual/Business donations
- Personal ticket purchases to TFTGC events
- Personal/Received TFTGC event sponsorships
- Matching gift donations
- Silent/Live auction item procurement
- YAC Socials – quarterly informal meetings
- Invitations to exclusive TFTGC events and outings
- Professional and social networking opportunities