The global pandemic has highlighted what we already knew. We need nature. Now, more than ever. We need to plan our recovery smarter and make nature the heart of it.
We need more protected natural areas everywhere. In the city. In the countryside. In the bush. From coast to coast to coast. And we need to do this in an equitable and inclusive way.
Your generous gift will go towards protecting nature and help Canada meet its ambitious target to protect 30% of our country’s natural heritage by 2030.
Wildlands League is making a difference right now to:
- preserve wetlands and peatlands with rich carbon stores;
- make room for threatened boreal caribou in the Boreal Forest;
- build new marine protection in Hudson and James Bay;
- help create Indigenous Protected Areas in intact boreal watersheds that will preserve cultural integrity and ecological integrity; and,
- Design a nature recovery strategy in southern Canada that will see more and new national urban parks starting in Windsor.
Help us give the gift of fresh water, clean air, wildlife and wild spaces. Your donation is our oxygen. We can’t do what we do without you.