We're setting a Kensington Voter Engagement fundraising goal this year to increase voter turnout in the neighborhood, and we need your help.
During the May 2023 primary election, the two voting wards that make up most of Kensington Voice's service area – Wards 7 and 33 – had the lowest voter turnouts in the city, at 10.62% and 11.19% respectively. The citywide turnout was 27.48%.
Therefore, Kensington Voice hopes to raise money for an intervention that aims to increase voter turnout by increasing access to voter registration and mail-in application forms in the 19134, 19133, 19125, and 19122 ZIP codes.
- A growing list of 30 newspaper distribution partners
- Bi-weekly pop-up newsroom events
- Stoop delivery (on foot)
The money we raise through this fund will be used to cover a portion of our newspaper's printing and delivery costs.
Want to help? Here's how.
There are three ways you can help us meet our goal:
- Donate any amount of money to this fund, either once or every month.
- Fundraise for us (peer-to-peer), which means you can customize our fundraising campaign to better reach your family, friends, and other networks. Just click here to join the campaign as a fundraiser.
- Share this campaign on social media.
These fundraisers are making a difference
Show your support and fundraise today to achieve our goals !I want to fundraise for this