Tropical Conservation Fund
Thank you for helping make a difference. The planet currently faces unprecedented tropical deforestation and species loss. Our goal is to reverse the trend that has so devastated the Amazon and beyond. Your contribution can make a significant difference and 100% of donations go directly to conservation-based projects in Peru.
We are currently seeking donations to cover the following expenses for this coming summer:
- Laboratory supplies related to primate parasite research. Specifically, materials to genetically test for the presence of specific parasite species of concern both to the monkeys and to people living nearby. This will build on what we have found morphologically using microscopy at the field site (helenbrook.weebly.com)
- Laboratory supplies related to metagenomics research associated with diet and parasite analysis in night monkeys. Metagenomics allow us to assess what specific species the monkeys are eating and to develop a better understanding of what pathogens exist within the gut flora.
- Field supplies needed for a tropical conservation research
- Camera trap for both density-modeling exercises with large mammals and also for media project designed by Jessica Suarez (jessicasuarezphotography.com) and Maise McNeice (maisiemcneice.com).
- Artist supplies for a Golding Mining exhibit including plaster and paints, 360 camera, and printing costs.
- Radio-collar equipment for exploratory night monkey behavior and density study which can be used to develop habitat models.
Just one other note. No money goes towards salaries, overhead expenses to outside parties, or to anything other than answering the questions/topics above.
Thank you once again for you support!