TCTA Membership: Help us Build and Maintain the Transcaucasian Trail
About the Transcaucasian Trail
We're a small team dedicated to building a world-class, long-distance hiking trail across the Greater and Lesser Caucasus Mountains. The Transcaucasian Trail (TCT) will be more than 3,000km in length and connect roughly two dozen national parks and protected areas in the region.
Our aim is to improve access to the region’s diverse cultural and natural heritage and encourage its preservation, benefiting local communities and trail users through the development of sustainable tourism.
Benefits of TCTA membership
Beyond supporting the economic, environmental, and cultural benefits of the trail, you're joining a global community of hikers and nature lovers who are making the TCT a reality.
For those interested in hiking a longer section of the trail, membership grants you access to our new thru-hiker support program (learn more here--registration coming soon for 2023), which includes:
- First route access: Access to the beta versions of new routes as they become available, including the first version of the full thru-hiking route through Georgia and Armenia.
- Planning resources: Early access to a draft version of a guidebook to the trail in Armenia and preliminary resources on the Georgia route
- Interactive planning assistance for your hike: Join our members-only Zoom calls organized by our team throughout the spring for topics related to hike planning and to ask questions
- An online TCT hikers’ community: Access to a private online forum where hikers can ask us (and each other) questions, meet potential hiking partners if desired, organize meetups, and share photos and experiences
- Updates on trail conditions: Updates from the TCT team on changes in trail conditions that could affect your hike, such as route updates, trail closures, newly opened trails (based on our trail crews’ progress), and other important information.
- Hikers’ discount card: Access to the new pilot discount card program we’re creating with local businesses along the trail in Svaneti, Georgia
Membership also grants you the following benefits:
- A $100 discount on any TCT volunteer program or supporters’ trek
- First notification about local and virtual TCT events, hikes, and volunteer opportunities
Additional membership tiers
TCTA membership is $10/month or $100/year.
We also offer a few higher tiers of membership, all of which include the benefits of standard membership and provide an opportunity to support the TCT's trail work at a higher level.
- Adopt-a-Crew memberships support food for a local TCT trail crew for a 2-week trail building session.
- Adopt-a-Kilometer memberships support the construction and 5 years of maintenance of a kilometer of trail.
Thank you so much for your support. We look forward to seeing you on the trail!