Support Independent Journalism
Support IC Journal
Iranian Canadian Journal (or IC Journal) is an independent and non-profit political and social commentary platform. We cover stories and do investigative reporting on issues that affect the lives of Iranians in general and Iranian-Canadians in particular.
IC Journal is a registered Canadian non-profit organization. With the help of our amazing volunteer team we have kept our costs to minimum but still we need a monthly budget for preparing reports and content, conducting interviews and maintaining our online presence. We want to ask for your help to be able to cover our operation costs. Our aim is to raise at least $2,000 per month from supporters.
IC Journal was established to address the growing need for an independent and progressive media platform in our community to:
- Discuss challenges and stereotypes Iranians encounter in Canada and around the world;
- Combat discrimination against the Iranian community in all its forms (in particular Islamophobia and anti-Iranian sentiment);
- Promote peace, diplomacy and constructive engagement in the Middle East and raise awareness about policies and actors that escalate tensions and conflict in the region.
Here are the core values that guide our work
- We promote respect for human rights as enshrined in the Canadian Charter of Rights and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights;
- We advocate for peace and believe in diplomacy and constructive engagement to address challenges and disagreements;
- We strongly believe in and promote diversity and multiculturalism.