The Longmont Observer is a local non-profit, non-partisan, community driven, Longmont focused news and information source.
We live in Longmont and we produce the Longmont Observer here in town. It's our town too.
We are a new kind of news organization focused on a membership-driven community model that supplies our city with news, information, and analysis that just isn’t available anymore from the traditional for-profit publishers. We, the community, will own it, and we will direct what it is and what it’ll become.
What sets us apart?
- We are supported by our members, sponsors, and underwriters who care about local journalism.
- As a nonprofit our only vested interest is to supply you with quality local news, information, and analysis.
- There will be no paywall so anyone can read the Longmont Observer.
- We are transparent about the way we operate and we will publish our financials regularly.
- We’re bringing genuine community control to our local news.
NOTE: if you prefer to mail us a check, please send it to: Longmont Observer, PO Box 2535, Longmont, CO 80502