Beneath the Shade is a transitional living space for women who struggle with substance abuse disorders and who want to rebuild their lives and explore what having a relationship with the Living God might be all about. Beneath the Shade is for women who know they need more time in a semi-structured and loving setting before they can live successfully on their own. Our name comes from Psalm 121, specifically verse 5.
Our mission is to cultivate a nurturing interim living space for women with substance abuse disorders, supporting the hard work of learning to love God, self, neighbor and creation.
Our goal is that this house and property will be a beautiful and peaceful place for these women to heal and move into the abundant life we believe God calls us all to. We plan, God willing, to be open by Sping 2021.
Your gift will enable us to pay for the many things that go along with beginning a ministry like this. Below are just some of the specific things your gift will make possible:
- Legal costs of setting up the 501(c)3
- Purchasing furnishings and supplies to finish the house
- Cost of adding a second full bathroom upstairs
- Website development
- Limestone for driveway
- Fencing for property
- Funds to purchase plants and seeds to begin landscaping
- Items for kitchen (large crock-pot and various other needs)
- Conferences and other educational costs