Our Covid-19 Response in Haiti !
Stop the spread of COVID-19 !
To respond effectively to the virus in Haiti and more specifically in the slum of Cite-Soleil, our teams have been working since April 2020 on the following activities :
- Installation of 30 handwashing stations in three densely populated neighbourhoods
- Production and distribution of 1,000 bars of recycled soap
- Sewing and distribution of 1,000 masks
- Awareness campaign generation through radio advertisements and megaphone
- Training on handwashing and COVID-19 prevention
- and more !
This program will reach at least 40,000 people in Bois-Neuf and the surrounding areas.
ANACAONA is proud to be the first Soap Recycling Initiative in Haiti. Our work impacts on 3 issues: the Environnement, Women Empowerment and Waterborne Disease Reduction. Our solution is simple: we collect soap from hotel partners. Once a month, we collect it, bring it to our workshop and trained women recycle it. The soap is then distributed to schools in need along with hygiene education training sessions. To complete our health impact in our partner schools, we will also distribute water filters so that children can have access to clean drinkable water while at school.