She is Fierce Stories
she is FIERCE: stories from the female and genderqueer perspective is a recurring storytelling event in Seattle (and podcast) where female identified and genderqueer individuals of all demographics can share stories from their experiences that matter to them. At SiF, we value what womxn and genderqueer individuals have to say. We value what they've been through, what they've laughed at, loved, lost, learned, and conquered. And we want to hear more from them. We want them to feel like their voices are heard and appreciated, that their stories matter. We pick a theme for each show and then call for submissions on that theme. Once we select a line up, we provide support and coaching for each storyteller to hone their piece, as well as give them the option of collaborating with a professional dancer, musician, theatre artist, or visual artist. Over the past three years, we have produced ten shows, put over 80 female and nonbinary storytellers and artists of all disciplines on the SiF stage, reached over 600 audience members at six different venues as part of our model to make SiF accessible to different neighborhoods.
OUR MISSION: To amplify female and gender queer stories in Seattle by providing a supportive collaborative platform for their vulnerability, expression, and celebration of experience.
Artistic Director - Cessa Betancourt (she/her)
Artistic Producer - Linnea Ingalls (she/her)
We will use your donations to:
- Equitably pay storytellers, collaborators, and ASL interpreters
- Pay rental fees for larger, more accessible spaces
- Acquire assisted hearing devices, audio description and captioning for our shows
- More widely produce our podcast
- Add another team member to help us run the show logistics
- Produce SiF in other cities!
- Make tickets PWYC to be more financially accessible to the communities we produce in
Learn more about what we do at www.sheisfiercestories.org.