​Ruby A. Carter Memorial Scholarship Fund

Choose amount Information Payment
A donor account is created automatically for recurring donations. Account setup info will be emailed to you.
You can log in to edit your recurring donation any time
Choose your country
    Choose your state / province
      How would you like your name to appear in our annual Community Report?
        Please fix the errors above.
        CVC CodeThe 3-4 digits on the back of your credit card
        Enter the Zip/Postal code for your credit card billing address
        Donate from your bank using Plaid, a secure and encrypted bank transfer service.

        You can log in to edit your recurring donation any time

        Ruby Webb Anderson Carter started an endowed scholarship at the College of West Virginia in 1998. CWV evolved into Mountain State University. When MSU ceased to operate as an academic institution, Ruby’s daughter Beth DeHaemers was contacted regarding future use of the assets. Upon her direction, the scholarship fund was moved to BAF. Going forward, 85% of the annual income shall be used for scholarships for Raleigh County high school graduates, with preference to graduates of WWHS, who are pursuing college degrees at UC-Beckley. Preference will be given to those who are majoring in education. The remaining 15% of the available income shall be distributed to Appalachian Bible College and awarded as its financial aid office determines.

        This is a secure transaction processed via Donorbox and Swipe. Beckley Area Foundation is a 501-c-3 non-profit community charity as recognized by the Internal Revenue Service, and all donations are tax deductible to the full extent of the law. In accordance with federal IRS regulations we acknowledge that BAF has provided no goods or services in consideration of this gift. In addition, you have not received any direct benefit from this contribution and BAF has exclusive legal control over the assets contributed. Confirmed in Compliance with National Standards Beckley Area Foundation is a member of the National Council on Foundations, WV Grantmakers, Beckley-Raleigh County Chamber of Commerce and WV Leave A Legacy. The Beckley Area Foundation annual audit, 990 and 990-T (if filed) are available for review in the BAF office. "WV residents may obtain a summary of the registration and financial documents from the Secretary of State, State Capitol, Charleston, WV 25305. Registration does not imply endorsement."