PLEASE HELP SAVE OUR RAINFOREST
Would you love to help save the Sumatran Rainforest and the wild orangutans and animals that live here?
Well you can! By helping us protect this fragile ecosystem that these animals depend on for their survival in Batu Kapal, North Sumatra.
By donating to our conservation programs to buy rainforest trees, camera traps, plant nursery supplies and land, you will help protect and conserve this fragile ecosystem needed for the survival of the rare and endangered orangutan and the native fauna and flora living in this precious Batu Kapal Wildlife Biolink in North Sumatra, ensuring their long term survival.
BATU KAPAL CONSERVATION SANCTUARY protects this fragile bio-diverse ecosystem through its
- CONSERVATION MONITORING program, collecting valuable data by surveying, mapping and monitoring the habitats and animals in the area with GPS
- TREES FOR LIFE reforestation program which re-vegetates, restores and reconnects this fragile wildlife buffer zone with the national park to ensure the long-term survival of the Orangutans
- PLASTIC RECYCLING TYRE BIN program recycling old car tyres to make trash bins to collect plastic waste, which is then collected, washed and sorted to make ecobricks and other upcycled plastic products
- RAIN FOREST RESCUE land acquisition program, acquiring key parcels of land in the Nature Conservation Sanctuary, essential for the long term protection of this wildlife bufferzone
- REMOTE CAMERA TRAP program which collects important images and monitoring data on the animals that live here, to assist in developing a full species list of fauna and recovery programmes for threatened and vulnerable species
Please donate generously, your support is a fantastic way of making our world a better place by protecting the critically endangered Sumatran orangutans and the environment they live in!
And the great news is 100% of every donation goes to the Batu Kapal conservation programs, there are no administration fees. Our awesome volunteers generously donate many hours of their time to ensure the success of our foundation.
A little bit about us.
Batu Kapal Conservation Program is located in North Sumatra in a critical wildlife buffer zone adjacent to the Gunung Leuser National Park occurring on private landholdings. Many wild animals live here at Batu Kapal outside of the national park, as animals do not understand park boundaries.
Our objective is to protect and conserve the the rare and endangered orangutan and the native fauna and flora living in this wildlife corridor on private landholdings and the public land through the caves and cliffs from the Bat Cave near Bukit Lawang through Batu Kapal to Selang Pangeran.
This will be achieved through the acquisition of key parcels of land for conservation, buying camera traps for the wildlife monitoring program and plants and nursery supplies to help restore and protect this precious wildlife corridor.
Your donation will help to protect the long term survival of animals that live in this precious Wildlife Biolink, by protecting the fragile ecosystem needed for their survival.