PIP Fight Back Funds
Help us help others.
Welfare Scotland is a not for profit organisation working to promote the benefit of a fair and compassionate rights-based social security system which meets the needs of the people of Scotland. In addition to this, we provide a range of services to support disabled people, those who are chronically ill and the carers who support them.
We campaign for the development of a system which puts the needs of claimants and carers at its centre and a system which fully engages with claimants and carers through the design, implementation and the continual review of social security provision.
We believe that a fair and compassionate social security system will protect the most vulnerable in society and will work actively to reduce poverty and hardship. This caring system will promote community cohesion, lead to improved health and wellbeing and will ensure people are not left in destitution at a time of crisis and need.
What we do
- We assist chronically ill and disabled people to apply for PIP, ESA and other disability related grants,
- We work with clients to secure the best evidence to support PIP and ESA claims,
- We fill in forms for clients to apply for PIP and ESA especially in complex and multiple condition cases,
- We assist clients navigate the reconsideration and appeals process,
- We represent clients at tribunals at the social entitlement chamber especially in complex and mutiple condition cases,
- We provide a range of assistance and support in areas including homelessness, housing, equality and welfare rights.
Clients are not required to pay for our services and any donations are voluntary. All services are provided by volunteers with a passion for social security reform and the maximisation of the entitlements available to disabled and chronically people.
We welcome and rely on donations to continue to provide the support and services we do.