D4D DonorBox Support Fund
SINCE DECEMBER 2017, #DONEFORDIDI HAS AMPLIFIED AND FUNDED CLOSE TO 1000 INDIVIDUALS. MEMBERS’ REPARATIONS GO TO TWO PLACES:
(1) To support the admins, who are all Black and brown women and non-men. Admins create and curate content, and also assess, respond to, and follow up with needs within the BIPOC community.
(2) To the DonorBox Fund, which is distributed as reparations to Black women and non-men who are experiencing food insecurity, facing eviction, and other forms of adversity caused by systemic racism and oppression.
- Micro-funding for 8-16 cash poor individuals with urgent immediate needs known as “Petty Cash”.
- Seed funding of projects such as #DoneForDiDi Semi-Annual Book Drive, the Capitol District’s monthly Books & Breakfast program, and The Full Set - a podcast that centers Black voices in intimate, entertaining and candid conversations.
- Stipends to local organizers of $200 - $300 to provide a small cushion to their own footing.
- Back-end administrative support, advertising and paid internships.