Pacific County Immigrant Support Emergency Appeal
Goal: $100,000 | Raised To Date: $95,099
Our $100,000 emergency appeal provides immediate support for local undocumented immigrants impacted by COVID-19. We recently met and exceeded a $5,000 Matching Challenge.
Give Now to the PCIS COVID-19 Relief Fund for impacted immigrants in hard hit Pacific County communities.
With more than 400 cases of COVID-19 in Pacific County, many in the immigrant community, we are in for a difficult winter and at least $100,000 is needed for immigrants hurt by COVID. These community members typically do not qualify for government assistance, so the health and economic impact of the virus is much more devastating.
The campaign received a jump-start with a $75,000 grant from the All In WA COVID Relief Fund. Since late November local residents have donated an additional $20,099 toward the $100,000 goal. Contributions can be made directly to the PCIS Relief Fund or you can donate at this webpage or by sending a check payable to PCIS to PO Box 156, Long Beach WA 98632.
Relief Fund policy and fund distribution decisions are made by a steering committee comprised mainly of immigrant community members.
Please choose one of two ways to financially support Pacific County immigrant families impacted by COVID-19 and/or ICE arrest, detention and deportation:
- One time contribution, as large a gift as you can afford
- Monthly donation to ensure a dependable cash flow
Families need our support for legal support, rent, utilities, food and much more.
Help PCIS grow our Sustainers Circle – join your neighbors who provide a reliable ongoing donation each month. Even a small amount can make a huge difference as we meet our families' most urgent needs.
When you join our Sustainers Circle you
- - - Help with rent and utility payments and provide food for hungry families of detained and deported breadwinners.
- - - Provide funds for phone calls back home and legal support
- - - Add money in a commissary account to supplement meager meals provided at the NW Detention Center
- - - Buy gas for advocates who travel 100s of miles to support immigrant families facing legal hearings in Tacoma, Seattle or Portland
We wish we could tell you that the worst is over. We wish we could say the needs are dwindling. The truth is the need is growing.
Your donation directly supports our work assisting immigrant families. Pacific County Immigrant Support is a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization and your donations are tax deductible to the full amount allowed by law.
Donate here, or mail your check payable to PCIS, Box 156, Long Beach, WA 98631.