At Hopewell, music is the medium through which we empower community and enrich lives!
Hopewell Music enables the youth of North Minneapolis to develop musically, academically, socially, and emotionally primarily through the study of classical and contemporary music.
This year, Hopewell Music won the 2017 Minnesota Nonprofit Award for Innovation presented by Propel Nonprofits and the Minnesota Council of Nonprofits.
Donate now to support the youth of North Minneapolis through musical education and enrichment!
We give the under-resourced community of North Minneapolis fair access to music education and enrichment by providing not only affordable instruction and instrument rental, but also hosting nearly 20 free concerts and community events each year.
Through music we encourage discipline, offer hope, and help students reach their full potential in music and in life.
Studies prove that regardless of socioeconomic background, music-making students perform better in school than those who have no musical involvement. Music is a powerful teaching and learning tool that allows for communication across so many social boundaries.
At Hopewell, we are committed to creating the next generation of lifelong learners and lovers of music that are creative, innovative, and productive members of society.
We believe in:
- providing access to music education regardless of financial circumstances
- using music as a medium to teach discipline, improve our students’ life skills, and build community
- providing comprehensive, rigorous, high-quality music instruction
- inspiring our students to be dedicated lifelong learners
- adding beauty and hope to students’ lives through music