MCFB's Chowchilla Fair Market Animal Support Program-General Donations
With the health and safety of our youth, staff, community and livestock as our top priorities, the current COVID-19 crisis has caused us all to pause and do our best to manage. These are unprecedented times and we are committed to working through this together.
WE NEED YOUR HELP…As a result of canceling the 2020 Chowchilla-Madera County Fair including the Junior Livestock Auction, Madera County Farm Bureau and Producers Livestock Association (PLMA) have taken steps to provide assistance to the Chowchilla-Madera County Fair 4-H and FFA market animal exhibitors. We have developed a new program, the Chowchilla Fair Market Animal Support Program.
Here's how it works:
- A plan has been developed to sell the participant's hogs, steers, sheep and goats on May 19th and 21st at PLMA in Madera. The proceeds from these sales will go into a pool for each specie.
- Buyers, Fair Supporters and Corporate Sponsors are able to make contributions.
- Once sales are complete and proceeds are collected, it will be divided equally among the participants. Each specie pool will be equally divided among the participants within said pool. All contributions will be pooled and evenly disbursed among ALL participants.
- All commissions are being waived; 100% of all money collected will be going to the participant pool.
- How you can help:
- Support our future AG leaders with a financial, tax-deductible contribution.
- Donations will be accepted from April 9th through May 24th by cash, check or credit card.
- Checks are to be made payable to the Madera County Farm Bureau Scholarship Fund, ATTN: Livestock Program, 1102 S. Pine Street, Madera, CA 93637
- Share this information with others, including on social media sites.
Thank you for your past contributions in making the Junior Livestock Auction at the Chowchilla-Madera County Fair a great success. Your support has been greatly appreciated. If there are any questions, please call Christina Beckstead (559)674-8871. We value your support and look forward to working together in helping to our youth and California Agriculture.