Kids of Colour is a project for young people of colour aged 24 and under to explore 'race', identity and culture. We create spaces to challenge the racism that affects young people and their communities; building collective resistance and solidarity.
Donations to Kids of Colour supports resources in our youth sessions, trips, activities, travel and vouchers for young people, books for our free Bookshelf & more!
Through our work, we:
- Hold space where young people’s identities and experiences are seen, heard and validated
- Center joy and celebration of our identities, cultures and histories
- Create opportunities for young people and our communities to connect, build relationships of friendship and peer support
- Support and encourage solidarity across our communities’ identity intersections
- Ensure young people and families feel that they are being fought for through our campaigning and advocacy
- Challenge racism within our communities and society; including the education sector, youth sector and policing
- Hold a belief in building a movement of collective anti-racist resistance. Our work is reflective and hopeful. It is grounded in care, a drive for change and a belief in and love for young people.
Visit us at kidsofcolour.com for more information about us and our work.