MAKE AUSTRALIA A BETTER NEIGHBOUR
In 2021, we will continue our crucial work and strive for Australia to become a better neighbour in our region.
To ensure that we have the funds needed to make the biggest possible impact with this work, we have launched an end of the year campaign to raise $10,000 by December 31st.
Your donation will be used where it's needed the most to make sure that we have the biggest possible impact with our work. Here is what we are planning to do next year:
- Together with our local partners, we will continue to advocate directly to companies, financial institutions and government bodies to see our partners' demands for consultation, consent and justice for what happens on their lands are heard and responded to.
- Expand the geographical reach of our work to new countries in the Pacific region. One of the projects we are working on is the grave threat posed by black sand mining in Fiji.
- Continue to release hard-hitting research that addresses the issue of Australia's impact on our near neighbours. We have several reports in various stages of development that will be released throughout 2021.
- Campaign to end taxpayer financing for fossil fuel projects overseas together with our partners around the world.
- Initiate a campaign on the protection of customary land in Papua New Guinea.
Join us in making a change. Please donate today.
We also accept direct deposit donations, email us on info @jubileeaustralia.org for more information. To donate by cheque, please send it to the address below with your details and address so we can send you a receipt.
Mail to: PO Box 20885 World Square NSW 2002, Australia
Photo: Bruno Idioai has planted more than a million trees in Bougainville. The photo was taken by our Campaigns Director Dina Rui on her trip to Bougainville researching the ongoing impacts of the Panguna Mine.