Joshua York Legacy Foundation
The Joshua York Legacy Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to suicide awareness and prevention through outreach, education, and improving mental healthcare accessibility.
The Foundation was created to help prevent others from sharing our experience. The Foundation desires to normalize the topic of suicide to make it easier to talk about its causes, its impact on loved ones, mental healthcare treatment and other ways to prevent it.
• Has established a scholarship program in memory of Joshua York;
• Raises community awareness through its "Suicide Prevention Rocks" program;
• Raises awareness at educational institutions and with at-risk groups through it's speaker program;
• Seeks to establish a Family Assistance Program to support loved ones dealing with the immediate effects of suicide;
• Seeks to educate at-risk groups and communities at-large on recognizing the signs of suicide and how to respond;
• Seeks to coordinate low cost mental healthcare for at-risk individuals with professional mental health caregivers.
To succeed we need your help! We need to fundraise and get the word out. We need to let the community know that we are here, and they are not alone.
We are "Strengthening Lives With Love".