Join the Cause: Urgent Appeal to #SpeakUpforMuseums
Do you want to:
- Save cultural agencies—like NEH, NEA, and IMLS—from proposed elimination?
- Take a stand for your local museum—and all museums?
- Learn more about the vital work of museums?
Our treasured museums are facing potentially devastating cuts in federal and state funding.
Proposals currently in Congress aim to eliminate funding for agencies that support museums, and we are fighting to ensure that the National Endowment for the Arts, the National Endowment for the Humanities, and the Institute of Museum and Library Services are protected by Congress.
We need your voice. And we urgently need your help.
Museums are among the most trusted, visited, and beloved institutions in America. They educate us, they inspire us, and they bring communities together. For over 100 years, the American Alliance of Museums has been championing the cause of museums, and helping museums steward their collections professionally and ethically. AAM is the one organization representing all types of museums, from art to zoo, and including history, science, children’s museums, and much more.
With your support, we will:
• Lobby Congress to support vital funding for museums and the other issues—such as the charitable deduction—that matter to museums.
• Develop tools to help museums make the case to Congress and local officials.
• Share information about the vital role of museums in driving the local tourism economy, serving veterans dealing with post-war stress, and helping to teach the state and local curriculum.
• Launch a national campaign to raise awareness about the importance of museums.
Every dollar of your tax-deductible donation will support our advocacy efforts this year.
With your help, we will speak up for museums. Join the cause today!