INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY. EMPOWERING YOUNG WOMEN THROUGH EDUCATION AND TRAINING
In March 2020, on International Women’s Day, we launched a new training program to give young women the skills, confidence and experience to seek employment or start their own micro business.
I feel very blessed for all of the opportunities I have been given in my life.
I want act now to give something back and inspire the young women and girls I have met during my time in North Sumatra to never give up and to always chase their dreams.
This program will create opportunities for these beautiful women to realise their potential. I believe education and training are the key to this, so our plan is to create a women's training program to give these women the skills and opportunities they need to reach their full potential.
This training program would be held at our guest house in Batu Kapal where our conservation and volunteering programs are based and will give these women skills and experience in:
2. environmental monitoring and management;
3. sustainable recycling and upcycling micro business opportunities;
4. written and spoken English; and
5. computers and other Technology.
During their placement, trainees will be paid an allowance and their food and accommodation would be provided for them.
I believe together we can truly make a difference to these women's lives.
You can assist me to set up and implement this training program by:
1. making a donation to fund materials, to develop the training program or to pay for a trainee's monthly costs;
2. joining with me to develop the training package; or
3. volunteer to deliver the program in Sumatra.
I would like to thank you for your ongoing support and encouragement.
With your help we have already made many improvements to the lives of the people in the remote villages North Sumatra and for that I am truly grateful.
Together we really can make dreams come true.
With best wishes