Play It Forward! Fund Suzuki brass education in Minnesota
I'm Lauren, and I am a trombonist and low brass educator in Minneapolis, Minnesota. This year, I'm undertaking a new step in my educational career- Suzuki teacher training! Suzuki methodology lines up extremely well with my established pedagogical practices and I'm beyond excited that they are beginning to develop brass as an instrument group available to young folks.
As you might imagine, the cost of attending training is expensive, both financially and in time commitment. I'm raising funds to help me cover registration, travel, and lodging costs- and beyond!
I'm experimenting with a recurring giving platform in hopes that I can also reach some long term goals, and continue my dedication to creating opportunities for more students in my area to access quality low brass educational resources. Here's how I envision your donations helping me pay it forward for the foreseeable future:
- Every $50 between now and June unlocks a free low brass clinic for a school or program in my area that couldn't otherwise afford it
- Creation of online educational content
- Once certified, each $150 donated per month allows me to offer 4 Suzuki lessons to a low-income student
- I'll continue to offer free clinics
- Money will be saved, invested, and paid forward in the form of additional trainings, developing my business and outreach, and beyond
Of course, you can make one-time, or quarterly, or yearly donations- whatever works for you! I foresee recurring donations as a process that might be less emotionally draining and exhausting for me, personally, while also being more sustainable in the long run. And if you can't donate now- please share this campaign!
Donors will be subscribed to a special mailing list where I'll send out monthly (at least) updates on how the money is being used and the impact it is having. I'll also continue to post on social media (mostly Instagram and Facebook) with updates and donor calls.
Thank you so much for your support!