2020 Feb 27 - Mar 1 Medical/Dental Outreach Clinic, Huichol Indians, Nayarit, Mexico
Reaching Unreached People Groups - Huichol Indians of Nayarit, Mexico
Mission Flight provides logistics and coordination for short term medical and dental teams in order to serve those who have the LEAST ACCESS to HOPE, HELP, and HEALING.
We will partner with Dr. Carolina Zuheill from Gudalajara, MX
Photo: one of the Mission Flight mobile dental clinics
We will be sleeping at the clinic site (a small school) or in a host home on cots in sleeping bags while in Huynomota Thursday night and Friday night.
Saturday night we plan on being in a hotel in Tepic depending on the weather Saturday afternoon.
* Bring your own sleeping bag
1. Wednesday Feb 26th or Thursday Feb 27th is a travel day arriving in Tepic in the afternoon, and then shuttling up to the mountain village of Huynomota in small planes that afternoon to set up the clinic.
2. The clinic opens Friday morning and goes until Saturday afternoon serving several small villages of the Huichol Indians.
3. Sunday is a travel day back home.
5. A current passport book is required. (Must be a passport book, not a passport card)
6. A $25 non-refundable deposit will hold your spot, which is important as the airplane seats fill up FAST.
7. Exactly 4 weeks prior to the day of departure, final payment is due. If final payment is not received, your spot will become available to someone else on the waiting list.
The price includes:
- r/t air shuttle transportation from Tepic (or Guadalajara) to the village (Huaynamota) by small plane
- all meals that we eat as a group
- traveler's insurance
- bottled drinking water
- ground transportation
- hotel in Tepic on Saturday night
- room and board while in the mountain village of Huynomota (sleeping bags, cots, group meals)
The price does not include:
- Commercial air travel to Tepic
- Mexican Visa Fee It costs approximately $30 to enter and $7 to exit (bring cash and small bills)
- meals at a restaurant
- extra snacks or personal items
- hotel stays on Wed night before the trip or Sun night after the trip
Half off scholarships are available!
Through generous donors, half off scholarships are available for full or part-time students, those in financial need, and / or additional family members.
For example, if you have a family of four and all four would all like to come, then the first person will pay the full price, and the other three family members would be half off. Now, if there is still financial need, then all 4 family members could request the scholarship for half off.
Please submit the scholarship application at least 4 weeks before the trip.
The scholarship application is quick and easy. Please check it out!
If you must cancel a mission trip; you MUST email Mission Flight at [email protected] four (4) weeks PRIOR to the departure date and your payment will be refunded, less $15.00. If you give less notice than four (4) weeks, your payment will be returned only if your seat is filled, less $25.00. If you give less than a four week notice and if we can not find another person to fill your seat, then your payment will pay for your seat as intended (i.e. fuel), and any balance left over (i.e. room and board) will be rolled over for a future trip.