The Rehumanization Project
What does "advocacy" look like?
Each "client" we bring on-board is someone we have faith in.
We believe they can progress, with help.
We believe they have fallen through the cracks in our systems, and need a hand up, not a handout.
We believe in change, not charity.
We put our faith in our clients. When we on-board them, we provide them with (as needed):
- MVPs (Phone with charger, call/text from any WiFi)
- Tents, Sleeping Bags, Tarps / tent flys
- Water bottles
- Maps (physical and electronic) of local resources
- Individualized hygiene and supplement kits
- Clean clothing
- Laundry and shower once per week (as possible)
- Digital document storage and access
And, most importantly, advocacy:
- We check in daily, to make sure no emergencies have come up.
- We check in in-person, several times a week.
- We handle paperwork, mail, and agency interactions.
- We facilitate connections with service providers and housing.
- We represent clients when authorized and possible.
- We stand beside, behind, or in front of, as requested.