As-Salāmu ʿalaykum wa-raḥmatu -llāhi wa-barakātuh
Islamic Center of San Francisco is asking you to fund the house of Allah for 2022-2023. Your donations will go towards funding day-to-day operations, such as upkeep of the mosque, programs/outreach in the community, and Islamic Education. With the rise of attacks against Muslims, having a mosque as a home for the community should be everyone's priority.
What Islamic Center has done in 2021
- Conducted outdoor Jummah prayers for the first half of 2021 in light of COVID-19 pandemic
- Started the only in-person Islamic Education Program (Maktab) for boys and girls. Today we have over 45 students enrolled. Our staff includes highly qualified male and female Islamic scholars
- Hosted programs on various topics such as importance of family and mental health
- Brought in qualified scholars to lead daily prayers
- Partnered with local Covid testing company to offer free COVID-19 tests to the entire community (muslim and non-muslim) during the Omicron spike
- Helped repair the mosque after it was vandalized.
- Engaged with local politicians and city officials to remove the hurdles that were blocking the bathroom/wudhu area project
So we ask you again, please consider donating to the house of Allah this Ramadan to help us continue to run this mosque for years to come.
Jazākumullāhu khayran wa aḥsan al jazā’
Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said,
The most beloved of places to Allah are the mosques, and the most hated of places to Allah are the markets. (Muslim)