Greece LHI Refugee Center Support
LHI's Refugee Center is a buzzing hive of education and healing, located 100 meters from Serres refugee camp. The Center (a separate entity from the actual camp) serves a population of 1000+ residents of Serres camp. As this is our biggest program, your donation is greatly appreciated.
Lifting Hands International has a full-time team of dedicated volunteers in Serres, Greece that supports 1,000+ Iraqi Yazidi refugees -- survivors of a brutal genocide -- with the following services:
- Educational support: English, German, & Arabic sessions
- Psycho/Social support: Trauma-informed yoga, fitness, art, and a multitude of music classes
- Nutritional support: Weekly deliveries of fresh vegetables, pasta, flour, sugar, and cooking oil
- Hygiene support: Weekly distribution of shampoo, soap, toilet paper, and other hygiene supplies
- Seasonal clothing: Quarterly deliveries of season-appropriate clothing, especially needed in winter
- Safe spaces with daily programming for women and children, who are particularly vulnerable in the camp
Team members pay for their stay in our team volunteer apartment, freeing up your donations to provide these services/items.