Giving Back 2022-2023
In 2014 the Friends of Korea (FoK) Board of Directors launched the ‘Giving Back’ initiative. This has become the signature philanthropic program of Friends of Korea. This initiative facilitates active FoK engagement with a variety of organizations and institutions, located in the US and Korea, with a focus on improving the lives of members of the Korean-American community or promoting greater understanding and mutual respect between American and Koreans.
Since 2014, a total of $73,000 in grants has been donated to a variety of social service agencies and universities here in the US and in Korea.
Organizations and institutions supported over the years include:
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice - Southern California
- California State University, Fresno Study Abroad to Korea
- Austin Asian American Community Health Initiative
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice - Los Angeles
- National Asian Pacific American Women's Forum
- Bronx Charter School for Better Learning
- Korean War Memorial Foundation
- Community Inclusion and Development Alliance
- The Esther Ha Foundation
- The Korean Community Center, Northern Virginia
- The Nam Center for Korean Studies at the University of Michigan
- Korean Kids and Orphanage Outreach Mission (KKOOM)
- Virginia Korean American Disabled People’s Association
- National Association of Korean American Inter-Cultural Family Mission
- The Korean American Senior Citizen Association
- Korean American Family Services
Remember - 100% of your gift will be allocated to this fund. Won't you join us?